Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Contrasts

Just a quick hello today because I took the day off in order to write college letters of recommendation. In total, I have 44, which is a significant amount, and I have no idea how the number grew so large. I just think these kids are so great and they ask so nicely that I cannot say no. So, here I am, curled up in my soft blanket and warm sweatshirt, perched on my desk chair, cranking out as many super personalized letters as my fingers can type.  Wish me luck?

Until then, look at me being all bad to the bone in the first outfit and very prim and proper in the second one. I always ask my students to compare and contrast things. Look at the contrasts here, people.

The Look:
Crumb Catcher (scarf): Made by my momma
Shirt: J.Crew Factory 
Jacket: got this bad boy for $25 on thredUP, can't remember the brand
Jeans: High-rise American Eagle 
Boots: Simply Vera (Mom got them for me from Kohl's) 


The Look:
Top: New York & Co. 
Jeans: The Limited
Heels: J.Crew Factory


That's all I have for you today. Time to write more letters of recommendation now. 

9 comments:

  1. You are crazy! 44!?! But I do the same thing, I can't say no when they ask. I'm glad you at least gave yourself a day off to try to get them done. You are totally rocking both looks, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I get overwhelmed when I have one student asking me to do a study abroad recommendation (which is mostly "on a scale of 1-5" questions and one place for "additional comments")... especially when they ask me a couple weeks into the semester. Bah! I barely know yee! Anyway. I like this rockstar side of you. Bad-assery at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first rocker look, especially the wave your hair has going on! Good luck getting all the recommendation letters done! That's a crazy amount! But it's nice that your students like you enough to ask you to write one for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lucky students because you clearly love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of letters! I had to write one recommendation letter for an old employee and it was very stressful. I like your badass look. And the other one. Really everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Good luck with your letter writing. I love your contrasting outfits. Super badass and classic lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, who else wishes they had her as an English teacher back in high school? (and proof reads their posts before posting because she's an English teacher LOL!!) Great looks, good luck with the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did the letter writing turn out? I just had to write four this week, but they're for students I don't know at allllll, which is kind of awkward. Haha. I love both of these contrasting outfits, by the way. You look like a badass in the first one, and like a cool, casual lady in the second one, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a week - I'm having Danielle withdrawels! No, but seriously, I hope your absence is due to fun stuff like house settling and that everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.