Friday, June 20, 2014

Check ya later, home skillets.

I wore this outfit last week, and one of my students told me that I looked like a candy cane. Thanks, kid. When you wear red stripes and any hint of blue you either run the risk of looking like a candy cane or an American flag. Thank you, candy canes, for ruining red and white stripes. Thank you, Halloween, for ruining black and orange. Thank you, Christmas, for ruining red and green. Thank you, bumble bees, for ruining black and yellow (Wiz Khalifa did a pretty great job of ruining those colors, too.) You know what? I wear all of these color combinations anyway. Whatever.

For the record, it'll be very quiet on the blog next week because I am taking my first week-long vacation in forever. (Even our honeymoon didn't last a full week.) We're heading to Myrtle Beach on Sunday morning, and, boy, are these pasty legs excited for some sunshine. As a result, I won't be posting on here, but go find me on Instagram. Instead, I'll be hanging out with Jeff and his parents because we're all going together. It'll be a loooong drive with a husband who loves to play the "how obnoxious can I be in a cramped space?" game. He wins every time. I may return to Maryland one Italian lighter.

Catch ya on the flip side, home skillets. (Juno, anyone?)


The Look:
Shirt: The Limited
Skirt: LOFT
Shoes: J.Crew Factory (best wedges EVER.)
Cardigan: New York & Co.
Starfish necklace: Boutique




7 comments:

  1. Kids say the weirdest things. One time I wore a shirt with a little fuller arm and a student said I looked like I belonged on the prairie???? Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your vacation! We aren't taking an actual "vacation" this summer to save $$, but I'm craving the beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in the dirty Myrtle! Enjoy your week long vacation! It's great for your sanity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's an adorable outfit! We had a "jeans day" at work one day, so I wore some basic straight leg jeans, red/blue Sperry boat shoes, and a red and white striped boatneck shirt. A student ever so kindly asked me, "Where's Waldo?". Sigh.

    Enjoy that vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA - "I may return to Maryland one Italian lighter." Kevin just farts a lot in the car, so I get realllllly tired of getting hot-boxed for hours on end...hahaha. I'm so jealous that you're going to Myrtle Beach! One of my best friends (who I visited in Charlotte in January) used to live in Myrtle Beach (she taught high school English there!!). She spent ALL her time at the beach - gahhh! She's pregnant now and keeps telling me about her cravings for her favorite Myrtle Beach restaurants...she won't stop talking about the place called Nacho Hippo...so perhaps if you see that, it's a place you might want to check out?! Anyway...have a great vacation, and I can't wait to follow along on Instagram!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, I'll be quite sad not to see your smiling face around these parts next week! BUT, so excited for you to take a vacation. We all need that sometimes! Oh and those color combos, yes, yes, and yes. Black and yellow don't bother me but if I'm wearing black and orange or red and green, I can't help but think of those holidays which ruins it for me. So stupid right?

    Have a GREAT time on your trip!! Take lots of pictures. I'll be sure to keep an eye on your Instagram.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.