Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Trendy Tuesday...A Date Late (Again)

Eventually, Trendy Tuesday will happen and post ON TRENDY TUESDAY. You can thank the inclement weather for this week's delay. Don't worry; she also peed all over the plans I took four hours to write for my AP students this month. It's cool, Mother Nature. It's cool.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, my co-teacher thought up the idea of a themed day once a week. A bunch of us got in on the action and decided to pick a day and name it. We landed on Trendy Tuesdays. Here was last week's if you're curious

This week's theme was flannel and scarves. The rules are relaxed, so interpret the theme as you wish. (My co-teacher settled on a scarf that was flannel, a double threat kind of wardrobe piece.)

Who wants to join us next week? 
Next Tuesday's theme is Red and White (read: candy cane).  
We post on Instagram and tag with #trendytuesday. 

I don't know how to do those fancy link ups (feel free to tutor me if you wish), but my colleagues and I would love your participation. Feel free to write up a post on Tuesday (or a day late), tag me on Instagram, send a picture via carrier pigeon, whatever strikes our fancy, and label it Trendy Tuesday. It's a revolution, people. I don't know what we're revolting against exactly, but it might have something to do with Uggs and leggings worn without something to cover one's bum. 

Let's carry on with our looks of the day. 
First up: my look.
The Outfit:
Flannel shirt: Old Navy (it's current, folks.) Get yours here
The Dress: Target (best dress I've ever bought. If they made it in 50 colors, I'd buy them all. I already bought the blue floral/whatever it is pattern and the coral and black striped one.) 
The Boots: Etienne Aigner via Macy's (does anyone know how to pronounce that brand's name?)
Tights: The Limited (they have the BEST opaque tights. They're on sale for $10. Go get ya some.)
Scarf: Calvin Klein via DSW 
Belt: Target clearance last year or something 




And here are all of our outfits! I told students today, and they are already so excited to jump on the Trendy Tuesday train. I hope the next picture is of a LOT more people! 


Will you join us next Trendy Tuesday for our red and white theme? 

Linking up for WIWW.


7 comments:

  1. I totally participated in spirit on Tuesday: http://cutefortheclassroom.blogspot.com/2013/12/tuesday-december-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in your instagram picture I couldn't see your plaid at all and was confused haha. But I LOVE how this looks with the dress layered over the flannel shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it's pronounced A-Tea-N On-Yay. I heard in on QVC once. Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new reader, just followed you on IG too and will try to join the Trendy Tuesday post next week if I can remember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try this with some of my dresses. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try the shirt under dress look, but I keep fearing I'll look 7. You totally pull it off though! Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me find yours! You should add a Google GFC follower thingy so I can follow you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang, girl, you look darling!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.