Saturday, September 7, 2013

I'm on a boat.

Not actually, but I could be. If flats, anchor scarves, peplum, and seersucker blazers were boat appropriate. 

I'd have better pictures for you, but shopping for my niece's first birthday trumped taking pictures on my porch. Obviously, a trip to Toys R Us must be rewarded with a quick stop into New York & Co. I decided the dressing room was the prime location to snap some pictures of the casual Friday outfit I loved so much. Stripes, seersucker, and anchors. How can a girl go wrong? Okay, a girl could go horribly wrong, but I think this ensemble is so right. If fashionable teenagers compliment it and ask where everything is from, then it must be a winner. Had a boy wearing "slides" and tall socks (worst trend ever to not die soon enough) said anything, I would've found a replacement outfit. STAT. 

I love this peplum shirt. Funny: I bought it within the past year at NY&CO, and that just so happens to be where I took the pictures. Fate. 

The Details:
Shirt: NY&Co
Pants: The Limited
Sparkly flats: DSW
Scarf:Francesca's
Blazer: Tommy Hilfiger outlet 

Comments:
This outfit went well from work to impromptu dance party in the classroom to drinks with colleagues to sushi with Jeff. Good job, outfit. 


6 comments:

  1. Great outfit, I really love the scarf! And allllll my boys are wearing tall socks and slides, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, I really love the scarf! And allllll my boys are wearing tall socks and slides, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your peplum top! Now that I have one, I'm looking for them everywhere - I love how they look and I find them to be quite forgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your peplum top! I like how versatile it is. (And double groan for socks and slides-- even the girls on campus are starting to get into that.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I'm not usually a fan of peplum tops but that white one looks so classy on you! Definitely dressing room selfie worthy :)

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.