Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Back-Up Plan

I previously styled this dress these six ways

I decided to wear an orange cardigan instead of a brown one. Orange and turquoise make a nice pairing, no? Originally, I wanted to wear this dress with the same sweater and belt (leopard flats instead of gold ones), but it seemed too short when I put it on. Now that I'm looking at the pictures of it in that post, I am thinking it would've been fine. Dangit. 

I wish I had something more for you today, but I'm completely distracted by Sheldon Cooper. Forgive me. 


The Look:
Dress: Banana Republic Outlet
Cardigan: NY & Co.
Belt: Came with another dress
Flats: Audrey Brooke via DSW
Necklace: Gift
Earrings: Boutique




The Details
Occasion: work (91 degrees again today, so pants just weren't happening)
Comfort Rating: 9 (I ate a little too much, and the belt felt constricting.)
Comments: I'm glad I branched out a bit and went with a colored cardigan versus a neutral one. I can't wait to wear this dress with booties and a button up once it's not a sauna outside. 



8 comments:

  1. I have been watching episodes of The Big Bang Theory on an endless loop this past month! Also, I do love orange and turquoise together--I love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange and teal is one of my favorite color combo, so I love this. Funny how we remember clothes differently, now you have another outfit idea for this in the future. :) Also Sheldon Cooper and Phil Dumfey are probably the two best tv show characters of all time. That is all.
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color is always good! I always try to add a little color to every outfit, even if it's just from the accessories. Orange and brown are perfect for fall, while waiting impatiently for its arrival :)

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange and turquoise look great together! I really like your necklace. I think the other dress would have worked too, remember that for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange and turquoise look great together! I really like your necklace. I think the other dress would have worked too, remember that for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that dress! I think I saw a similar version of it at Banana last year? When I saw it at BR Outlet a few months ago, I was so excited. And then my excitement died when they didn't have anything close to my size available. Ho hum. I'll just have to live vicariously through photos of you wearing it :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this combo! The orange and turquoise look great together! I've gotta find a striped dress like yours! Its so versatile!

    Tiffany
    www.StyleSidebar.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.