Monday, July 29, 2013

I can't drink wine, so I'll wear it.

I can't stop buying maxi skirts for the following reasons:

1. I don't have to shave if I wear them.
2. They're not pants.
3. The waistline forgives.
4. I can dress them up...or down.
5. I can sleep in them (tested that one out on Saturday--pure, comfortable success).


Jeff agreed to take my picture because I posed with the deck steps he recently rebuilt. 
Yes, we still have to stain the whole deck and one random board is brown, but they sure are beautiful. 

Clothing Homes:
Skirt: American Eagle Outlet (closest I could find at AE)
Sandals: Pink & Pepper via Marshall's (cute Steve Madden option)
Bag: It's Kenneth Cole Reaction via Boscov's for $35! (nice from Amazon)
Belt: Express (I believe)




Occasion: Cousin's birthday party
When: 4:30-?
Where: Indoors
Comfort Rating: 10/10 (despite the belt)

Comments: I tried the shirt tied in a knot, but that didn't work for this skirt. It landed at an odd spot above the skirt. I tried leaving the shirt loose, but it made it me look too boxy.  
I tucked it in, but it didn't look pulled together until I added the belt.

Restyling Options: For work, I'd throw on my khaki and white polka dot cardigan or my plaid blazer. 
If it were a little bit chillier, I'd throw on a jean jacket.
If it were winter time, I'd replace the sandals with flats and throw on a leather jacket. 

Pinspiration



P.S. Linking up with FundayMonday



5 comments:

  1. You look too cute in this outfit. Comfy and dressy at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the skirt! So versatile! I've definitely got to get more maxi skirts! Love the idea of bringing it into fall with a leather jacket!

    -Tiffany
    www.stylesidebar.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!
    Not shaving daily is total motivation for me.

    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, when I switched from Bloglovin' to Feedly, your blog somehow didn't get added to my reader!! I've been missing out on your posts foreverrrr! I'm the dumbest.

    I LOVE this outfit. I have a very similar maroon maxi skirt that I totally love but have been somewhat stumped in styling. This post gave me some great ideas! I pretty much love that shirt, too, by the way. It's perfect.

    brynnash.blogspot.com (<-- my new URL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, nine times out of ten if I'm wearing a maxi skirt, it's because I haven't shaved my legs. I adore your outfit, and love how easily it can transition for the fall :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.