Thursday, April 18, 2013

Polka Dots and Lace

This morning, I assumed today would be craptastic because my visor broke and I had to fix my ingrown toe nail (TMI? It hurt.) 

However, today was awesome. The windows rolled down to the perfect height so as to create a breeze but not mess up your hair kind of awesome. 

My second period did not want to review for tomorrow's test because they love the book that we're reading so much they asked to keep reading! You probably have no idea how big this request is for the population that I teach. They gave the characters personality, read with inflection, and happily discussed what was happening. If you've never read it, you should. It's called Monster by Walter Dean Myers. It's written from the perspective of a 16-year-old boy who's on trial for felony trial. He alternates between diary entries from prison and a screen play of what happens in the courtroom. 
Check out Walter Dean Myers here

Later in the day, a student handed me a copy of a book that he really loves (Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton) because he wants me to read it and discuss it with him. I cried a little. 

Great day in the classroom, guys. 

I give all of the credit to the dress that Momma bought for me. How could my day suck if I was wearing a cute, lace dress that Momma dukes picked out? 




FYI: Taking pictures in a busy parking lot qualifies as awkward.
fashionbloggerproblems.

Outfit Deets: 
Cardigan: Old Navy (SO old...like 10 years old)--(similar)
Dress: Gift from Momma (she got it at Kohl's, of course)--(similar options from Kohl's)
Belt: Francesca's (LOVE this belt so much)--(similar from Gap)
Boots: White Mountain? I bought them a year or two ago. (similar from Boot Barn)
Necklace: Kohl's 

Linking up with WIWW

4 comments:

  1. Love love love this dress! It's too cute! And I love the necklace and cardi you paired it with. No wonder you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that stuff got better for you - I would thank that dress too! It's so cute and will get so much wear this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute dress! I love how you kept it neutral in in all shades of brown! :) I just got a cream lace dress like that and have a billion ways I want to wear it :) I'm glad you had a good day, too! Those are the best :)

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable outfit! That dress is too cute, and I love how you paired it with the boots.

    Emily
    A Devine Life

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.