Thursday, March 14, 2013

Five Things






Outfit Deets:
Cardigan: Marshall's (can't remember when)
Striped Tee: Forever 21
Belt: Francesca's
Boots: Franco Sarto via Marshall's
Scarf: Handmade by Momma!

This outfit is nothing special, but it was very comfortable for sitting in grad class for two and a half hours. The hard, wooden seats? Not so comfortable for those two and a half hours. 

The lovely Kate tagged me in a Five Things post, which requires me to share five things that you don't already know about me. However, this task is challenging because I air my dirty laundry pretty frequently. Let's see what I can dig up for you all. 

1. I try to tell people how unique my family is, but I can never quite explain how. For some reason, I always forget to share the following tidbit: when I was in college, my family and I went to a strip club together. We were on vacation in Hilton Head, and my big brother was feeling a little down in the dumps. I decided that a strip club would cheer him up (don't even try questioning the logic of my collegiate mind), so I flipped open the phone book and found a nearby establishment. Mom and Dad dropped us off, and my brother's spirits were instantly lifted by my discomfort in such a...umm, raw?...atmosphere. My shifty glances and the women who glued themselves to me amused big brother. was amused when Mom and Dad joined us. A dancer propositioned my father, a man who never feels embarrassed, and he nervously said, "Ummm...I'm married," to which the dancer responded, "Thats okay, honey, she can watch." Memory made. This little factoid might provoke you remove yourself from my blog, but just remember that no one can question how much this little sister loves her big brother. 

2. Currently, all things organization--baskets, file folders, shelves, etc.--excite me; however, I used to be a complete and utter slob. When I was little, Mom referred to my room as "Joe Baker's Dump." You know how some people are really messy, but they at least have a path to their beds? Oh, not me. I had to fly over a baby doll, fake plastic food, and broken crayons graveyard in order to reach my bed, which was just a mattress on the floor. It wasn't until one of my neighbors came over one day and said, "Let's put things into baskets." She taught me how to sort things and make my room look pretty. That was all she wrote, folks. I still can't stop putting crap into baskets. Those Michael's coupons kill me every time. Buy all the baskets!!!

3. If you know me in real life, you may or may not know that my first name is not actually Danielle; it's Heather. Since my birth, my parents have called me Danielle because I'm named after my Dad, Danny. Mom, however, did not want to name me Danielle Heather; she thought Heather Danielle "flowed better." She actually wanted to name me Samantha Jo so that she could nickname me Sammy Jo, which would have been appropriate since I sported overalls long past their prime, and I live in a county that's affectionally named "Cow County." It's a shame I don't know how to milk a cow because I really would love to learn how. 

4. Speaking of cows, every time I pass farms, I wish I lived on one. I love manual labor, and waking up early would be much more enjoyable if I could spend it outside, around animals (though my students sometimes act like them), and being physically productive. I enjoy painting, building stuff, learning how to make things that "do," anything with my hands, but I just don't have time for those things. Anyone have a farm and want to teach me how to do things on it? I'd be an eager, happy learner. Seriously. 

5. Criminal Minds and Law and Order: SVU are my weaknesses. I cannot stop watching them. It never matters how many times I've seen an episode, I'll watch it again. If I see that a marathon is on, I get all giddy and can't help but keep it on all.day.long. My husband? Not such a fan. Strangely enough, I can watch these shows on repeat, but I can watch only certain movies more than once. Most movies I can stand to watch only one time. The repeaters? Under the Tuscan Sun (FAVORITE), French KissTommyboy, Liar Liar, and Pitch Perfect.  


Now you know way more about me than you need to know.

I tag the following ladies:

Elizabeth--girlfriend, you need to update! ;)
Christine--she makes awesome stuff and has fun style
Laura--great pictures and classic style


2 comments:

  1. Haha! That story about your family is hilarious. I think my mom would have a heart attack if she ever set foot in a strip club.

    You love manual labor? It all sounds so... hard. Maybe fun for like a week to live on a farm, but I don't think I'd be able to do it everyday for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm going to have to come up with five interesting things about myself but I don't think I can top your family strip club story lol!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.