Monday, February 18, 2013

Sequin Skirt Seven Ways

For those of you who don't know, I had four stitches in my mouth. No, the story isn't as cool as "Here Comes the Boom is actually about me. I got these stitches from MMA fighting." Just a boring biopsy. Anyway, the stitches removal was horrible. Since I'm past the age of stickers and lollipops (not of my choosing, of course), I decided to reward myself by checking out some nearby shops. When I went into White House Black Market, I happened upon this fun sequin skirt for $30! Anyone who shops at that store knows full well that their clothes come at quite the pretty penny. This one was originally $128 or something ridiculous that I never would have spent.

I liked the skirt so much that I decided to style it SEVEN ways (one for every day of the week!), not just the standard three. However, I included only five of the looks in my collage. 

Look #1: Work Appropriate --> Blazer & Ruffles
Ruffles are great for ladies like me who aren't working with much up top (technically under the top).
I prefer low heels because I like to be comfortable. I went with a neutral shoe and a colored top.
I think the blazer ties it all together. Since the look is for work, keep the jewelry minimal. 
(I went with zero jewelry, actually.)
Outfit Deets:
Ruffle Top: The Limited
Blazer: J.Lo via Kohl's
Shoes: Candies via Kohl's


Look #2: Casual Work Day --> Cardigan & Flats
This look is very comfortable, so it's great for a bloated day. Or any day really.
The shirt has a little sparkle and so do the shoes because that's how I roll, folks.
You could tuck in the shirt if you wish. You could throw a belt over the cardigan for more structure. 
As you can see, I decided to keep it loose.
Outfit Deets:
Cardigan: Express (old)
Top: Candie's via Kohl's
Flats: Mia via DSW

Look #3: Warm Date Night --> Sweater, Leather, & Heels
I love me some cobalt. After all, it was one of my wedding colors. I guess you could say I hold it near and dear to my heart. Anyway, I went a little matchy matchy with the shoes. I decided to throw on a little edge with the leather jacket, but I kept it in a camel color. If you threw on flats, this look would be nice for lunch with the girls. 
Outfit Deets:
Sweater: Kohl's?
Leather Coat: black rivet via Wilson's Leather
Shoes: Michael Kors 


Look #4: Edgy Night Out --> Graphic Tee, Leather, & Boots
I love this look. It makes me feel bad ass, which I'm not. PLUS, how can you not love my "Good grammar is sexy" shirt? If you hate it, then I have no idea why you're reading this English teacher's blog. Anyway, I went with a chunky necklace, but I opted out of wearing earrings. 
If you want to stay warm, throw on some black tights! 
Outfit Deets:
Shirt: Gift from husband ;)
Leather jacket & boots: NO idea
Necklace: Forever 21

Look #5: Errand Running --> Military Jacket, White Tee, & Booties (change to flats if you wish)
This look might be my favorite just because I love my white t-shirts. 
If I were running a lot of errands, I'd wear some flats. Perhaps some white converse? 
Outfit Deets:
Military Jacket: Forever 21 (found in store)
White t-shirt: Target
Boots: J.Lo via Kohl's

Look #6 (not in collage): Chambray & Sequins
I would probably put on my kelly green flats with this outfit because, if I'm being honest, I know I won't wear these heels. In fact, they've been in and out of the "to donate" pile for awhile. 
Outfit Deets:
Chambray: Rock and Republic via Kohl's
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Earrings: Francesca's

Look #7 (also not pictured in collage): A different cardigan & the ruffles
I didn't realize this look existed in my arsenal until I made it halfway through this post. 
If you aren't a blazer girl, but you like the ruffles. Try a neutral cardigan. 
Outfit Deets:
Cardigan: Target
Heels: Candie's via Kohl's
Ruffle blouse: The Limited


So, did I do a good job? Which look(s) would you wear? Which one is your favorite? 


Linking up with Molly Buckley and The Pleated Poppy.


12 comments:

  1. Definitely "Edgy Night Out" because I love the graphic tee with the sequined skirt. I might have to try out that look for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfits! I hope your sequined skirt will be one of your staples. I personally like the pink ruffle top with the grey sweater and the outfit with the cobalt sweater and leather jacket. I hope you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the skirt and the grammar tee
    stopping by from YOLO mondays

    Not Going Out Like That

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love taking "fancy" items and making them more casual. I just started a blog for women over 50 and the majority of my clothes are from WHBM.
    whosaprettygirl.wordpress.com. I'm also on FB @ whosaprettygirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. the sequin skirt with the military jacket is my fav too!

    -natalie-
    thesecondbestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration on how I can wear my sequin skirt!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the different ways to wear a sequin skirt. Now, to find a sequin skirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun showing all the different ways to wear that skirt!! It is a keeper. Stopping by from The Pleated Poppy!

    xoxo
    Erin

    www.thefashioncanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ways you've styled this skirt! I think my favorite is the one with the chambray top.

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great skirt! Love the you chose to style it so many different ways. Great inspiration piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, I think youve displayed some great ways to make daytime sequins work!
    Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your skirt! The graphic tee is super cute as well~! Love your blog!

    http://makingupashlee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.