Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Comfortable Chevron Chic

I'm having one of those weeks (okay, months) that involves so many things on the to-do list that I have to schedule appropriate times to pee. As a result, I can think only in list form. Here is a list for you:

1. According to other people, my skirt is either "super cute" or an optical illusion. I call it comfortable. 

2. I love this scarf from my seester (real word, folks). She has great taste in clothes and colors, right? (I hope you're reading this post, Jess. If you are, hello! I hope to see you again soon.) 

3. This look was actually Pinspired by this one:




4. However, I liked this mint scarf so much that I decided to switch up the color scheme. I could have worked a black cardigan like this pretty lady, but I preferred this shirt instead. 

5. Jeff and I actually have dinner plans for Valentine's Day at my new favorite restaurant. (Best gluten-free pizza EVER!) I was able to rework my parent-teacher conferences so that we could keep our date :) 

6. My hair is insane and huge today. I make no apologies for it. I just thought I'd state the obvious.

7. The doctor removed the stitches from my mouth today. HOLY WOW. I think my face had a heartbeat. You know when something hurts so badly that your body's involuntary reaction is to cry? Yeah, that happened. You know what I did when I left? Instead of buying myself a lollipop--those days are over for me--I bought myself a fun skirt, which I fully intend to wear on Valentine's Day. Skirts beat stickers any day. Okay, that statement is half a lie. 

Without further ado, here is today's outfit:



My face still looks a little swollen in this picture. No big deal.


Outfit Deets:
Shirt: Marshall's (similar)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar)
Flats: Marc Fisher via Macy's (similar)
Scarf: Gift from my seester-in-law! (similar)
Belt: Forever 21 (similar)

8 comments:

  1. so cute i love that chevron skirt and it pairs so well with the mint or turquoise accessories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I look ridiculous in maxi anything, you look amazing! I love the pop of blue too.
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally obsessed with this maxi!!
    love your big hair, your <3 day date night plans, and this whole post is adorable!!!

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE both of these outfit! The chevron skirt is amazing!! So glad you made your own version of the look!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chevron skirt is gorgeous! Love the bright color with it!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love Pinterest for inspiration! Such a cute outfit...and no, your hair is not insane and huge...you look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look! I'd pinned the same inspiration photo! Now I definitely want to tackle it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the chevron skirt looks so refreshing with the mint accessoires :-)
    You look super gorgeous :-)

    ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.