Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Sensitive Skin Make Up

Today, I went to the doctor. I got home when it was just too late, and I was just too tired, to take pictures. However, when I was driving to work this morning, I actually thought about how I wanted to post some product reviews today instead of my outfit.

For the record, I have extremely sensitive skin. There needs to be a new category for people with skin as sensitive as mine because "sensitive" just doesn't cut it. I'll take suggestions. We can submit them to Urban Dictionary. Anyway, I feel that you need to know that bit of information before I continue. 

Up first, concealer: Cover FX Cream Concealer (I buy it at Sephora for $27--it's worth it to me.) 
Why I like it: 
  •  It provides really good coverage without clogging up my pores. I have dark spots on my face that make me feel self conscious, so I appreciate this stuff for covering those marks.
  • This stuff was actually made for people who are burn victims, which means it's meant for sensitive skin. Obviously.
  • It's free of all of those harsh chemicals that actually break out my face. (It has no gluten in it either, in case you were wondering.)
Note: I tried the setting powder by this company, and it did not work for me. It left my face feeling caky. I didn't care for it. 


Next, foundation: Umbrian Clay Freshface Foundation (I buy it at Sephora for $42)
Why I love it:
  • Great coverage but feels light (to me)
  • SPF 20
  • Not at all harsh on my skin. BareMinerals actually clogged up my pores and set funny in my smile lines. I feel better about this stuff. 
  • The only foundation that has not wreaked havoc on my sensitive skin 
Notes: 
  • It is not like MAC make up in that it has the staying power of a yogi. I just use face primer to solve that problem. 
  • The concealer by this company does not provide suitable coverage (for people like me who have red spots).  
  • Because of bacteria and oils on my hands, I don't apply foundation or concealer using my fingertips. I use latex wedges from Target. I also don't "wipe" the foundation on my face. I blot it. That way, I don't create streaks. 

Face Powder: Face Luster by FRESH (At Sephora for $45)
Why I use it:
  • I love this company. Their make-up is so gentle! 
  • It does not set in the lines of my face like BareMinerals did. 
  • Does not clog my pores
  • Matches my skin tone
Note: I don't use the sponge because I don't think it applies the powder very well. I just use a big make-up brush.

Blush & Bronzer: Here Comes the Sun Face Pallette by FRESH (It's out of stock at Sephora, but FRESH has a website, too.)
Are you noticing a trend? Yeah, I love FRESH's products.
Why I use it:
  • Comes with bronzer and blush, and I love both colors
  • The bronzer on the right is much too dark for me regardless of the season. I'm a vampire in the middle of July. Tan vampires don't look great. I don't care how much glitter you put on Robert Pattinson's chest. 
  • It's great for the same reasons that their foundation and face luster are great.  
Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer ($17-36 at Sephora)

Why I use it:
  • You know, I thought primer was stupid. I figured it wouldn't amount to much; however, it proved me wrong. I'm at work for awhile, and teenagers make my face melt. Luckily, the primer prevents melting. Seriously. My make up doesn't move like it did before I started using it. 
  • I've noticed no inflammation as a result of using it, so it's good stuff for sensitive skin.

So that I do not bore you (did I?) further, I will save my face cleansing products (undereye cream, face lotion, face wash, and etc.) for tomorrow. I hope you're interested in that information because you're getting it either way. Tough noogies. 

Song of the Day:
"Locked Out of Heaven"
by Bruno Mars
Enjoy. I do hope a dance party for one ensues once you hear this tune.


*Note: I pulled all photos from Sephora.com. I am not paid for this post. The thoughts are my own. I just want to share some products that work for me because it took me a lot of money to find what actually works for my persnickety skin. I'm hoping to help you find a product that works well for you, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.