Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fields of Gold

Okay, there are no fields, but there is some gold in this post, and what a great song by Sting. Right?

I can only imagine what my neighbors or the people who drive on that busy road behind my house wonder as they watch me moving around a camera tripod in my backyard. At least I am taking pictures of me and not them, which would be creepier.

At one point this year, I told my mom that I'm not a fan of gold. I said something about how it doesn't look good on me, and blah, blah, blah. Silver is better. Blah, blah, blah. Hot dog, have I proven myself to be a big, fat liar. I have bought gold shoes, this gold necklace, this gold top (can't really see the gold in this picture because I need to improve my self-protrait skills), and I'm sure there's more to come. 

I wanted you to see my Sasha Fierce face. And there you have it.





It's not sunny outside, but I'm squinting. I think I'm actually mean mugging the self timer on my camera.


Blazer & Necklace: NY & Co.
Pants: The Limited (and they're not skinny pants! WHAT!?)

Shoes & Purse: Marshalls (pretty sure the shoes are Aerosoles, but fact checking requires movement, which I don't intend on doing)
Shirt: The Limited (on sale, hooray!)


I know that, yesterday, I posted about picture poses to strike, but this one hand on the other arm thing does not work as well for me as it does for other ladies. I feel super awkward (big surprise there). I'd like to say it's because I was wearing a blazer, and they're not always the most flexible items of clothing, but, if I'm being honest, I know it's just because I'm a little bit like Gumby.

I'd like to add some color to this outfit. What would you suggest?

Since it's November, I shall tell you something that I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for not having killed a child this week. I'm not saying I haven't had to talk myself out of it, but at least I'm not being carried away in handcuffs because for the millionth time, a kid has asked me the question that I just answered...three times. Keep calm and teach on, Wo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.