Friday, August 17, 2012

Sewing Machine Hates Me, So I Made These.


Welcome to Today's Projects:
(note: both of these projects were pinspired. I saw the pictures on Pinterest, but I didn't take the time to read the tutorials. I figured it out on my own.) 

Project #1: Take an old Izze bottle (I especially like the ones from Chipotle because they're bigger than the ones that come in a six pack), hot glue a word of your choice (it's situated at the entrance to our house and I didn't want a long word, so I picked "hi"), spray paint the bottle, and stick a flower in it (mine is fake because I have a black thumb).
Note: Practice writing the word of your choice with the glue gun. I used a paper plate to practice. 

Project #1 Materials:
* Old glass bottle
* Hot glue gun
* Spray paint
* Flower


(Click "read more" for project #2.)


Project #2: Drill a hole in a mason jar lid and insert the soap pump from a soap dispenser that was shedding its color (seriously? what.the.crap.) Oh, the lid and pump were not the same color, so I had to get creative. I used a pair of scissors, cut a hole in the bottom of a paper cup, and stuck the pump/lid into the hole. I took the contraption outside, spray painted it oil rubbed bronzes, and screwed it onto the jar once it was dry. 
Note: Remember that the drill bit you use should match the largest part of the pump that needs to fit into the hole. I made the mistake of making it as big as the plastic tube. I then had to shave off the edges with the drill. Too complicated and embarrassing to really explain. Just remember that the hole needs to accomodate the largest part of the pump that fits into it.
Also, it does not matter if your pump originally screwed into its original dispenser. Well, it didn't matter in my case. 

Project #2 Materials:
* Drill
* Soap pump
* Old mason jar (with the lid!)
* Spray paint
* Paper cup

Here it is in all its glory, sitting on the kitchen counter.
Once all of this soap is gone, I think I'll dye the jar a different color.


Look! She matches the faucet. It's clearly a she because she matches.


2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be able to operate one if it saved my life. You have to be better than me!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping my mom will show me the way. We'll see how that goes. Yikes.

    I just joined your blog. LOVE your outfits, and I agree that Kohls is exponentially better because of Lauren Conrad's clothing line. My mom poops 50% coupons to Kohls, which helps :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.