Sunday, June 3, 2012

Clever Little Pairings





















So, what is so clever in this post? I'll tell you: I am making use of clothes that have been taking up space in my closet. When I find a new outfit in my closet, I am less likely to feel compelled to shop more.




So this outfit uses a dress I haven't worn since my sister-in-law's bachelorette party! I paired it with my sparkly (can't really see that quality) cardigan that I do wear often. 
Bachelorette party fun.
Now, the next outfit takes this same awesome cardigan and pairs it with a more daytime dress.      

                       




This dress feels a smidge short, but it might just be that I'm a teacher with a heightened sense of clothing fit awareness. Even shorts make me feel scandalous.

The cardigan is from NY & Co.
The dress is old and from H&M.

For the next outfit, I took the same dress and put a rarely-worn pink shirt over top of it. I rather like that look.







Yes, that is a dog nose between my legs because she is a dirty perv.
For this outfit, I took my old LOFT dress and paired it with a blue tank top. I like this idea of putting shirts over dresses. Genius. Wish I had thought of it first.
I wanted a look I could wear to work, so I took a white dress from Old Navy (no idea when I purchased it) and paired it with a yellow and white gingham shirt. I wore this same shirt here. I love the button-down + dress look. I feel as though I'm channeling my inner Carroll County.


This is my new plaid shirt from Old Navy. I love it because all of these colors show up frequently in my wardrobe, so I paired it with a rarely worn yellow dress (way old from Express). 

I was wearing the dress here, too...back when I was brunette for a hot second. 


 The next two purple shirts have just been hanging in my closet even though I like them. I need to find a mate for them. And look at these shorts I just revived from my summer collection of clothes. Match made in sartorial heaven. Okay, maybe I wouldn't go that far, but they look pretty sweet with the shorts.


So, what do you think of my clever little pairings? I think spending time shopping your own closet is well worth the price you save. Yeah?
Anyone else putting together some outfits using clothes that haven't seen the light of day in awhile?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to throw some witticisms my way.